follow me on twitter (@dancfuller)
Well, I was wrong for last week’s game, too. 3-8. Of course, there was nothing right about the Eagles on-field performance, either.
There’s an all-new format for the UniDiction section which I think you’ll like, so let me know what you think in the comments.
Week 12 Round-Up
The Chargers wore their very nice Powder Blue throwbacks. I think the color’s odd enough that it shouldn’t necessarily be their primary uniform (and the Titans use light Blue, though in a very different way), but the Chargers normal uniforms are among the least notable in the league (neither good nor bad…they just…are), helmet with electricity on the sides notwithstanding, so file the “should the powder blues be the Chargers’ normal uniforms” under “let me think about it.” I covered the Thanksgiving uniform happenings in last week’s article.
Eagles vs Seahawks UniDiction (new format!)
No full write-up for the Eagles this week because of the new format, but they’re in White over Midnight Green, and that looks awful and needs to be removed from their locker room. BUT, the Seahawks uniforms are awful.
Seahawks - 12
Eagles - 13
Some random Seahawks uniform info:
- They’re strongly rumored (with the Panthers) to get more than just a tailoring and template update when Nike gets the NFL contract next year. My money’s on it looking like their pre-2002 uniforms.
- Their current uniform set includes two combos which have only been worn for one game ever (Blue over White and Green over Navy). See above.
- They have two different Blue pants. Again, see above.
- An amazing website detailing the Seahawks uniform history.
- The once worn (and done?) alternate jersey was eerily (but coincidentally) predicted as an April Fool’s joke by Paul Lukas on his Uni-Watch website in 2009. He didn’t predict the new Navy pants which were designed for use with the Green alternate, though.
- I don’t hate the Neon Green (derisively called “Neon Snot” by much of the online uniform community – yes, there is such a thing), mainly because it’s only used on the uniforms as a trim color… except on those unfortunate alternates.
- I like how the seahawk graphic wraps around the helmet, with both side logos connecting at the back.
- Browse lots of pictures of the Seahawks current uniforms in my picture archive.
Seahawks helmet logo in image above from Chris Creamer’s SportsLogos.net.
An awful uniform match-up this week.